What is Bikeability Level 3?
Bikeability Level 3 training teaches the skills to tackle a wider variety of traffic conditions than Level 2. It is designed to equip riders with skills that enable them be able to deal with all types of road conditions and more challenging traffic situations. The course covers dealing with hazards, making ‘on-the-move’ risk assessments and planning routes for safer cycling.
- To encourage and develop safe cycling skills.
- To develop positive attitudes towards road use.
- To increase knowledge and understanding of the road and traffic environment.
- To give you the confidence to use their bikes on longer journeys.
Before your training day
- Check the bike is road worthy – including two working brakes. Tyres are inflated and the moving parts are working well.
Depending on the time of year, weather conditions or where the training is taking place it is important to be seen (consider adding bike lights)
- Re-read your orange Level 2 booklet you received on completing your Level 2 training. The rider should have been practicing the skills they have learnt, it’s easy to forget some key areas. BE PREPARED.
- PLANNING A ROUTE – this course is about giving the rider an understanding of preparing for a typical journey ie cycling to school, going to a friend’s house etc
The instructor will use the riders planned route as part of the training session
The course involves more riding in the 3 hour session, make sure the rider brings a snack, a drink and is wearing comfortable clothing and footwear. If it is cold, gloves are recommended (nothing worse than having cold hands when out riding). It is important to be concentrating on the training and not be distracted by being uncomfortable, hungry or thirsty.
Whether you’re planning to cycle to school, ride alone to a club or explore with your family, Level 3 is the answer. It will set you up for a life of freedom on wheels!
Instructor to Rider ratio 2:6 Course approx 3 hours (IF THE COURSE DOES NOT REACH FULL CAPACITY, YOU MAY BE OFFERED AN ALTERNATIVE DATE OR A REFUND)
Cost £20 per rider
Please book your place by clicking above, then confirm your booking by making payment using the link on the booking form.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you book a place on this course, you will receive the instructor’s contact details by email on the day before the event.